Democracy School staff, fellows and associates combine policy or technical expertise with educational know-how and political experience.
Monitoring & Evaluations
The School also makes its evaluation capability available to clients and conducts project, programme, corporate and partnership level evaluations on their behalf. Such evaluations often form a first step in reshaping or refining a client’s political leadership development strategy and practice.
As a learning organisation, reflection lies at the heart of everything we do. Evaluations of our work focus on the following areas:
(1) Clients – Are we following our vision and realising our mission?
(2) Methodology – Are our means in keeping with our ends?
(3) Services – Are we delivering on our value proposition?
(4) Colleagues – Are we bringing out the best in each other?
(5) Funders – Are we delivering value for money?
Monitoring and evaluating the progress of individual learners is part of the service we provide. This ranges from programme-level monitoring and feedback, to highly personalised, value-added mentoring and/or coaching arrangements.
Evaluations of our services are carried out by fellows specialising in evaluation, unless a third-party evaluation is requested by clients or funders.